Plant-Based Online Cooking Classes for Summer 2020
We are very excited to be offering several day and evening classes on plant-based nutrition and vegan cooking this summer, including a new series focused on reducing your chronic health risks in this time of COVID-19. Our upcoming whole food, plant-based classes will be taught online, to reduce any risk of viral exposure in a group setting. We’ll still provide the same support to you as always, and our kitchen will be set up with cameras so you can see everything that’s going on with our plant-based recipe demonstrations.
Here are the summer classes, including registration links to reserve your spot.
PLANT-BASED COOKING TO IMPROVE HEALTH & IMMUNITY
While we cannot prevent or cure COVID-19 with the foods we eat, a plant-based diet does help us to improve health overall, boost our immunity, and decrease the risks of chronic health conditions. These classes focus on how a plant-based diet can reduce the risks of cancer, heart disease and hypertension, diabetes, and being overweight.
These classes are two hours in length and include a cooking demonstration with three recipes.
- Foods that Fight Cancer: July 6, 6-8 p.m., $20
- Foods that Boost Immunity: July 7, 6-8 p.m., $20
- Foods for a Healthy Heart: July 13, 6-8 p.m., $20
- Foods for Healthy Blood Pressure: July 14, 6-8 p.m., $20
- Foods that Fight Diabetes: July 20, 6-8 p.m., $20
- Foods to Maintain a Healthy Weight: July 21, 6-8 p.m., $20
- FULL SERIES SAVINGS: Best value! Pay $100 to take all six classes
Many people nowadays are eager to trim their waistlines, tackle diabetes, or improve their health in other ways. The one-hour classes of Nutrition Essentials help you reach those goals, through group discussion, follow-up guidance, and an app full of plant-based recipes, meal plans, and video tips. The series is based on scientific studies by leading medical and nutrition experts and favors vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whole grains. You will receive supplementary handouts via email.
- Mid-day 4-class series: July 7, 14, 21, 28 at 12 noon-1:15 p.m. | CLICK HERE (Classes 1-4; 1.25-hour classes; no cooking demonstrations; cost $50 for 4 classes)
- Evening 1-class overview: July 27, 7-8:15 p.m. | CLICK HERE (Class 1 overview only; 1.25-hour class; no cooking demonstration; cost $15)
YOUR BODY IN BALANCE: FOOD & MOOD
Evidence suggests that plant-based foods can help conquer moodiness and more serious mood problems such as anxiety and depression. Studies show a dramatic improvement with a plant-based diet, due to its anti-inflammatory properties and high fiber content. This class will review nutrition information and demonstrate mood-boosting plant-based recipes participants can easily make at home.